You get your kicks by bridging the gap between business and tech. You can dive in and unearth what clients want and need. Developers are your friends – you know how to speak their language, so helping them understand the client’s requirements is no problem. If you like being the liaison between the tech world and the business world, then join us as a Business Systems Analyst.
What you’ll do
- The clients and our various departments speak different languages – but you’re an awesome translator. You’ll bridge communication gaps so everyone knows what to expect.
- A strong foundation is key to an amazing product. You’ll kick off projects right by collecting and communication the information we need to succeed.
- Team up with developers to exterminate bugs in the software, polish shiny new features and test for Quality Assurance.
- Be Agile – especially when working alongside Scrum Masters and Project Managers. Communicating project updates at daily stand-ups, supporting system changes with timelines and hosting meetings will be critical parts of your routine.
- Seeing hiccups in the system? You have your eye on project progression. When risks or gaps appear, you’ll formulate improved procedures to smooth things out.
- Document business processes and development solutions so we always know why that one decision was made three months ago. Your skills in analyzing and reporting database info will keep everyone on the same page. It’s a big job, but you can handle it.
Who you are
- Business and tech are your meat and potatoes – or the vegetarian equivalent. Yum. Bonus points if you have a 4-year degree or higher in either field. Extra bonus points for both.
- You’ve earned your knowledge through experience and hard work. You know SQL/Database and technical writing is no foreign concept. For at least two years, you’ve thrived in Agile environments and contributed your epic troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to a software environment.
- You get double bonus points if you’ve worked with employee benefits, health insurance or HR tech support. You’ve impressed us three times over if you’ve handled all of the above.
- You’re a talker. A communicator. A real liaison. You can get your ideas across clearly and accurately to any audience, no matter what the medium.
- Organization? Got it. Analytical mind? Check. You can interpret the business needs of the customer, translate them into application and operation requirements and then convey that to a diverse group of people. You’ve got this.