As a Senior Data Architect, you will be at the center of our efforts to define and drive our big data strategy and to ensure that our technology solutions safeguard the security, privacy, and integrity of our data. Your efforts will be critical to guiding our internal teams in building and deploying solutions that will continue to meet the ongoing needs of our clients. You will collaborate with our Data Science, Engineering and Product teams to anticipate future challenges and to provide thought leadership and guidance on the data implications of their solutions.
- Work with other Architects and Engineering leads to define a comprehensive data lake strategy that encompasses the complete data lifecycle and enables self-service consumption, preparation and analytics
- Evaluate the existing big data ecosystem and recommend tools, processes, and methods that support the target strategy
- Provide advisory services and thought leadership on modernizing analytics environments leveraging Big Data technologies
- Define the process, guidelines, and tools for data management solutions covering data movement, data security, data privacy, and metadata management.
- Working closely with the Data Science, Engineering, and Product teams to estimate, prioritize, design and deliver evolving capabilities through the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to technical strategy, architectures, and risk consultation for Engineering and Product teams
- Research, identify, test, and select technology products that continue to improve operations on systems such as Spark, S3 data lake, AWS, and Athena
- Build and maintain professional documentation that includes technical roadmap architecture diagrams, service models, and best practices
The ideal candidate has a track record of building scalable, high-performing systems, preferably with several years of experience improving upon already built systems.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related Software Engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience working with a variety of technology systems, designing solutions, or developing applications
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Business, or related Engineering field is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way for broad audiences, empowering them with memorable and useful information
- Demonstrated knowledge of big data technologies and frameworks (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience in the implementation of large scale data lake solutions and toolsets
- Experience with big data solutions developed in large cloud computing infrastructures such as AWS or Azure is preferred
- Involved in the definition and execution of data governance and data management solutions
- Data Science and Analytics experience is a plus (Machine Learning, Scala, Python, R, etc.)
- Experience and expertise with data visualization and data modeling tools
- Experience building data warehouse solutions and an understanding of the difference between a lake and a warehouse.
- Hands on experience with ETL tools (Infosphere, Informatica, Talend, etc.)
- Hands on experience with data management and data wrangling tools (Podium, Zaloni, Cask, etc.)
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying